Heavy Equipment Operator
($18-28/hour or DOE)
MVM Contracting is an equal opportunity employer.
- Operates heavy equipment in the vicinity of existing utilities
- May be required to operate various pieces of equipment including but not limited to: backhoe, plow: static or vibratory, bulldozer and mini excavator.
- Towing various trailers
- Pre-trip equipment prior to operation of equipment. Check and maintain fluids and grease vehicles as directed or appropriate.
- Load material or equipment for transport from show-up yard to job site and secure as needed
- Place, remove or maintain underground utilities as directed. This includes laborer duties such as carrying pipe, bags of material and other heavy items, jack hammering, shoveling, tamping and installing pipe, duct or cable.
- Assist in securing work site, equipment and materials at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials.
- Other duties as directed.
- Ability to operate machines safely
- Knowledge of equipment
- High School education or equivalent preferred
- OSHA 10 certified preferred
- One or more years of construction experience preferred
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work with various hand tools
- CDL Preferred